• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiance Visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theconstipated1

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was wondering if I can apply for fiance visa,even though I am just waiting for my final interview for Citizenship,or do I have to already be a U.S.C by time time of application.?

mala

i am not so sure for a green card holder filing for his fiancee

but i am dead sure he/.she can sponsor for his married spouse

and the bad news is it takes tremendous amount of time for a permanent resident to call his spouse

so u can imagine in case u could file for your fiancee it will take even more time

so its rellay better if you wait until you get your citizenship , your wouldbe fiancee can meanwhile come to us in a visitor visa or u can go to her n engaged n u can wait for sometime until u get your citizenship.

Q)
by the way i was thinking how much time it takes to get us citizenship ,?
if suppose we dont take re entry permits ?

ImmigAttyLana

You have to be a citizen in order to be eligible to file a fiance(e) visa petition. Just waiting for the citizenship does not give you that status. You have to successfully complete the interview and be sworn in as a naturalized citizen of the US and then you can submit the petition that same day.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">