• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiancee Denied Visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dpa62

California

I have been trying to get my fiancee to the USA for about 1 1/2 years now. I just returned from Saigon where I married her. We did not sign papers because I could not stay the 30 days required to be legally married in Vietnam. We had a marriage ceremony though. I asked the American consulate why we were denied the visa and they told me they thought we were lying about our relationship. Both my fiancee and myself have submitted everything they asked for and I even went as far as going to Vietnam to talk to someone in person at the consulate. They would not allow me to speak to an American worker there. The good new is that we have about 1 year to submit more proof before they cancel the petition, the bad news is that I dont have anymore evidence to submit, I have submitted everything I can. Can anyone tell me what I can do at this point? I have spent 1000's trying to get her here. I love my fiancee dearly and I really want her to come here. She has been denied 3 times for the visa and all 3 times were for the same reason. I just dont know what to do at this point. Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.

SHORTY LONG

California

I have been trying to get my fiancee to the USA for about 1 1/2 years now. I just returned from Saigon where I married her. We did not sign papers because I could not stay the 30 days required to be legally married in Vietnam. We had a marriage ceremony though. I asked the American consulate why we were denied the visa and they told me they thought we were lying about our relationship. Both my fiancee and myself have submitted everything they asked for and I even went as far as going to Vietnam to talk to someone in person at the consulate. They would not allow me to speak to an American worker there. The good new is that we have about 1 year to submit more proof before they cancel the petition, the bad news is that I dont have anymore evidence to submit, I have submitted everything I can. Can anyone tell me what I can do at this point? I have spent 1000's trying to get her here. I love my fiancee dearly and I really want her to come here. She has been denied 3 times for the visa and all 3 times were for the same reason. I just dont know what to do at this point. Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.
You go from wife {and not sign the legal documents} to now your fiancée.:confused:
If you love her as you say you do, then you will find way to go back to Vietnam
and stay the required 30 days so that your marriage is legal-right.

dpa62

Fiance Visa Denied.....

Shorty Long,
We had a ceremony in Saigon but did not sign papers because I would have had to stay longer. It was just a ceremony we had. I never said she was my wife. She is my fiancee until
I can go back to Vietnam and sign marriage papers and even then, she is only my wife in Vietnam, not the USA. I will have to start a new petition process after the papers are signed in Vietnam. I will petition my spouse to come to the USA at that point. I was trying to avoid that because from what I have heard it can take a really long time and then we can be denied again. I have heard that contacting my local sentators can sometimes help. Anyway I'll probably end up going back there again.

SHORTY LONG

Reread your original post. You said, "I just returned from Saigon where I married her."
Yes, it is my understanding also that it takes a long time. Why not consummate your
legal marriage there in Vietnam, and then petition her as your lawful wife if possible.

I have a Vietnamese friend, that petitioned his Vietnam wife. After he traveled back and forth to his
Country Vietnam, and with tons of pictures, phone records, etc; it took him five years to finally get her here.

You can try your Congress person, or Senator, but normally they will only try and
help if there is an extraordinary cause for them to to do. But you can try.

dpa62

Fiance Visa Denied....

Thank you Shorty Long for your advice. I will write both senators here in California and I will also make plans to go back to Saigon and sign papers to make the marriage completely legit.
The consulate led us to believe that all we had to do is submit information about her relatives living here in the USA and then she would be issued a visa but I guess they can tell you anything they want right? Thanks again.

evcalyptos

She has been denied 3 times for the visa and all 3 times were for the same reason. I just dont know what to do at this point. Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.
OK, so whatever you are doing, it is not the right thing. You need a professional intervention, and you'd be best served by someone who KNOWS Vietnam.. it's a high fraud, unusual post.
There's an attorney named Marc Ellis who works that region. He has been very successful helping others with similar problems to yours.

He'll be able to advice you on the whole ceremony thing too.. when to show photos and when not. As you know, your ceremony is a traditional, but not legally recognized 'wedding'.

Look up Mr Ellis (he'll work online) and get some new ideas...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">