• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiancee visa process from Overseas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blazay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hello,

I am working overseas in China, and am engaged to a Chinese citizen. I am trying to get her the fiancee visa, in pursuits of visiting america with her together in December and then marrying her. Is there a way for me to file the initial petition form which lists "ou, the U.S. citizen sponsor, must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live. See Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) for information on where to file the petition. Further information is available on the USCIS website under Fiancé(e) Visas. Note: Form I-129F cannot be filed at a U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or USCIS office abroad.
After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing, and NVC will send it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. " Is it possible for me to file this form while living in CHina so we can travel to america together and marry? We want to travel back shortly after so a residence permit is not yet required.. What other options do we have if this is not obtainable by any method available...What other visa options can we use? Thanks advice would be great.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">