• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing I 485 without I 140 Reciept Notice- Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cool_guy

What is the name of your state? CA

I have the following situation and many people who were victim of the recent I 485 fiasco have the same situation. Can you please provide your expert comments on this. This will really help lot of people who have been affected by the recent I 485 fiasco caused by USCIS. Here is the situation..

I was planning to apply my I 140 and I 485 concurrently in July. But after the July 2nd bulletin, as USCIS decided not to accept any I 485, we went ahead and filed I 140. At this time, it is just applied and we have not recieved the reciept number for I 140.

On July 17th, as USCIS informed that it would accept all the 485 again until Aug 17th. My confusion is whether I can file 485 without I 140 reciept number as I do not know when will I receive the reciept number for I 140.

Any information provided will be highly appreciated. Thanking your for all the help and guidance.

ImmigAttyLana

Did you read the revised statement from the US DOS regarding this point? You can now file your I-485 as if you were relying on the originally issued July visa bulletin.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">