• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing At Local Field Office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? WA
I filed a I-130 at California Service center alone,i live in vancouver washington,i stay right by the portland oregon border 10mins away from Portland OR Field Office,can i just walk in there or mailed my I-485 and I-765 Employment Auth. to that field office

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state? WA
I filed a I-130 at California Service center alone,i live in vancouver washington,i stay right by the portland oregon border 10mins away from Portland OR Field Office,can i just walk in there or mailed my I-485 and I-765 Employment Auth. to that field office
No, family based Adjustment of Status applications MUST be filed to the Chicago 'lock box' address per uscis.gov (see special instructions on the I-485 page).

You will be allowed to have your biometrics taken in Portland, but you will have to attend your AOS interview in the Seattle office.

There are NO District Office filings anymore.

evcalyptos

so i cant schedule the interview in portland? how im going to drive almost 6-7hrs for an interview to make it on time?
lol, how slow do you drive? Vancouver to Seattle is only 3 hours, and the office is actually south of Seattle now so you miss most of the traffic.

Anyway, needs must. You live in Washington State, so you have to deal with the Washington office. Feel lucky that they'll let you do your biometrics in Portland. :)

the reason i said that is because im moving way out in portland in DEC,which would make the drive much longer.i'll see i have long b4 the interview.thanks for your help

evcalyptos

the reason i said that is because im moving way out in portland in DEC,which would make the drive much longer.i'll see i have long b4 the interview.thanks for your help
If you move to Portland, you will be moving District Offices and will have to TRY to move your case from Seattle to Portland. It can be very difficult to do this, so please study up on it ahead of time, or wait to file your AOS until you are at your Oregon address.

Are you serious about no longer having interviews at the district offices? I live in Alabama so I would have to go to Atlanta, Georgia I thought but I guess I'll be going to Texas now!!! But is this true??????????????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">