• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing for spouse's legal status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

divine1rose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hi there!

I am based in New York with my Green Card about 3 years.Very recently,I met a girl and got married,who is here with Tourist Visa...It was about two weeks that she came in. She was working for a Cruise Ship and now she is on a vacation only.She doesn't have a plan to go back to her ship anymore and good thing is she has valid US B1/B2 Visa.

For some reason,we need to go to our country for marriage rituals. We are planning sometime in December,before her visa expires and come back after a month.

What is the best thing to do at the moment.Just stay quiet and go back to our country and come back or convert her status to F1/F2 Visa,so that she could study and when I get my citizenship,I could apply for her. Or apply for petition right now for her.

Just wondering,if I get some solid advice,so that I could make up my mind and lead a stressfree life...
I

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">