• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fill out Forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

al davison

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am not an attorney; is it legal for me, a tax preparer, to fill out immigration forms -for my customers- for a small fee?
Is it legal for me to advertise that I do immigration paperwork?
Some people say yes, no problem, others say I can not do it because I am practicing law.
I have not been able to get information from an Internet site or from the site for the Texas State Bar Association; I have contacted 5 people including attorneys and they don't know.
Any information out there, sites, books, telephone number is appreciated.
Thanks

Son of Slam

al davison said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I am not an attorney; is it legal for me, a tax preparer, to fill out immigration forms -for my customers- for a small fee?
Is it legal for me to advertise that I do immigration paperwork?
Some people say yes, no problem, others say I can not do it because I am practicing law.
I have not been able to get information from an Internet site or from the site for the Texas State Bar Association; I have contacted 5 people including attorneys and they don't know.
Any information out there, sites, books, telephone number is appreciated.
Thanks

You're filling out immigration forms and you have to ask? Why do you think these people want to be here? Because it's a FREE COUNTRY! Food, medicine and money are all free here and you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT! Duh!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">