• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

form 1-485

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janedoe

What is the name of your state? mo
In the form 1-485( application to register for permanent residence) they have a part asking
"List your present and past membership in or affiliation with every organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society or similar groupin the United States or in other places since your 16th birthday. Include any foreign military service in this part. If none, write "none." Include thename(s) of organization(s), location(s), dates of membership, from and to, and the nature of the organization(s)"
My question is do they require information on my employment history or what organisations are they talking about?

ImmigAttyLana

Employment history goes on a different form. On the I-485, they are asking about your membership in those types of organizations or associations which are voluntary. If you are not a member of any such organization, then you can indicate "none."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">