• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Form I-864

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Grumpy70

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am a US citizen sponsoring my mother. I dont work but i file taxes with my husband (my name is on his tax returns as (myname) and (hisname) on top of the forms.
1 - On form I- 864 it asks to put my last 3 tax returns, do I put 0 or I put my husband's income?

2- Also, my husband (self employed) is filing form 864A attaching copies of tax returns is marked as optional, I have copies of his tax return but not transcripts, I can either send the copies or just leave them out ... Dont have time to wait for the transcripts, my mother's visa is expiring and want to send everything in before it expires.
Thanks

lisaanderson05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am a US citizen sponsoring my mother. I dont work but i file taxes with my husband (my name is on his tax returns as (myname) and (hisname) on top of the forms.
1 - On form I- 864 it asks to put my last 3 tax returns, do I put 0 or I put my husband's income?

2- Also, my husband (self employed) is filing form 864A attaching copies of tax returns is marked as optional, I have copies of his tax return but not transcripts, I can either send the copies or just leave them out ... Dont have time to wait for the transcripts, my mother's visa is expiring and want to send everything in before it expires.
Thanks
1. Your individual income is 0, but the question regarding the last 3 years of tax returns should have the total income number from your tax returns.
2. You should send a copy of your most recent tax returns. If it was e-filed, you should include proof that the tax return was submitted to the IRS. You should also include proof of your husband’s income (W-2 or paystubs and/or letter from employer).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">