• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forwarding of USCIS paper mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ShonaRyan

Hi, does anyone know whether paper mail from the USCIS is allowed to be forwarded to another address in the U.S. by the United States Postal Service? I filed my I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residency based on marriage to a U.S. citizen. I have completed my fingerprinting process. I am currently traveling and not in Illinois due to my job. I am having my postal mail forwarded to my temporary address in Texas, and I don't want to miss any correspondence from the USCIS regarding my case. I am wondering if the USCIS has a policy that mail from them can't be forwarded on by the postal service. Could anyone please clarify this?
Thank you very much.What is the name of your state?

SHORTY LONG

Hi, does anyone know whether paper mail from the USCIS is allowed to be forwarded to another address in the U.S. by the United States Postal Service? I filed my I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residency based on marriage to a U.S. citizen. I have completed my fingerprinting process. I am currently traveling and not in Illinois due to my job. I am having my postal mail forwarded to my temporary address in Texas, and I don't want to miss any correspondence from the USCIS regarding my case. I am wondering if the USCIS has a policy that mail from them can't be forwarded on by the postal service. Could anyone please clarify this?
Thank you very much.What is the name of your state?
Here is the link that can help you http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
Also, you yourself check with the United States Postal Service. Better to be safe,
than to be sorry.

poisontee

Here is the link that can help you http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
Also, you yourself check with the United States Postal Service. Better to be safe,
than to be sorry.

Post Office DO not Forward any Mail from USCIS. If you dont do a change of address on Your Petition, That way the immigration has the correct address to send you your card, Post office will send back the mail to uscis. Alternatively if you still have the same address and your wife still lives there, She can collect the mail and let you know whats up.

Double check with the Post office to be sure.

Tim

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">