• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GC Holder married to a F1 Visa Holder...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vbhadrak

California

I am a GC holder married here in US to a F1- (Student) visa holder. She is planning to visit India later this year. Will there be any problem for her to come back on F1-Visa?

Jammin

To GC & F1

Hi there - I am F1 student and my husband is GC holder too- _ I have travelled several times without any issues....they have never asked me about being married or not, and I dont see any reason for them to have asked anyway. But of course, there is no need giving them unnecessary info either - plus I still kept my last name - as I figured - if I changed it - then maybe there might a reason for them to ask something. So it should be fine, assuming your wife is travelling on her F1 visa and I-20. Good luck !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">