• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting a copy of h1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mezzie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NJ

I am currently employed as a consultant for a company in NJ. They sponsored my H1 but would not give me a copy. I was offered a permanent position in another company and I would like to do a transfer. I would like to ask how can I get a copy of my H1 without going thru my employer. They made it clear that they dont want to give me my H1 until my contract is over.

Is there any forms I can fill up or can I call up USCIS and ask for my receipt number? please advice. thank you

ImmigAttyLana

You cannot obtain a copy of your approval notice from the USCIS. Only the employer or their representative can do so. You don't even have a receipt number? You need to get it from the employer or have the new employer or your attorney get it from them.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">