• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

girl friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

northforker

What is the name of your state? North Carolina. I am a new member and I want to thank you for all you for accepting me. You will hear a lot of questions from me. I have been commuting with my girl friend in Russia for over 1.5 yrs. and we are planning on finally meeting May 31. She is applying for a B2 visa. She plans of staying the entire time. We understand they may not. My question is this: Say we have great relationship and want to get engaged. Do we need to get engaged before her visa expires? She will have to Return to Russia no matter what we do. At that point does she/I have to get another visa or passport. I may travel to Russia to help but it may not be necessary to do so. Is there a way if we get engaged while she is here to fill out the required paperwork, submit fees, etc...so all that she needs to do is take care of personnal business, pack and be on her way. What forms do I/ she need if this is our decision? I realize this is a lot but is definately necessary for me to know. We are both pretty inexperienced in such a complex matter. Thanks, Northforker

evcalyptos

northforker said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina. I am a new member and I want to thank you for all you for accepting me. You will hear a lot of questions from me. I have been commuting with my girl friend in Russia for over 1.5 yrs. and we are planning on finally meeting May 31. She is applying for a B2 visa. She plans of staying the entire time. We understand they may not. My question is this: Say we have great relationship and want to get engaged. Do we need to get engaged before her visa expires? She will have to Return to Russia no matter what we do. At that point does she/I have to get another visa or passport. I may travel to Russia to help but it may not be necessary to do so. Is there a way if we get engaged while she is here to fill out the required paperwork, submit fees, etc...so all that she needs to do is take care of personnal business, pack and be on her way. What forms do I/ she need if this is our decision? I realize this is a lot but is definately necessary for me to know. We are both pretty inexperienced in such a complex matter. Thanks, Northforker
It is 99.99% unlikely that a single Russian woman will get a tourist visa to the US.
Based on the history of 'meeting Russian women on the net' I highly recommend that you look for a discussion group devoted to FSU women and immigration.. there are many, but one with G7 in its name is reputable and been around awhile.
You'll find out what logical steps to take and maybe learn a thing or 2 to be on the watch for.

northforker

girlfriend

What do you mean by FSU or G-7? I know that there are scams out there and need to be awarw. She is funding the trip on her own. She has not asked me for a cent. Why do you say she will not get a visa? she has several friends that have accomplished the very same thing without any problems at all. If it was going to be so problematic, we would just remain pen pals. She has already spoken to lawyers and a visa issuing agency in her area and all parties say that the is no problem with getting visa. We are just waiting for her to get the final finances together. I said I would help but she denied help. She wants to do this part on her own.

evcalyptos

northforker said:
What do you mean by FSU or G-7? I know that there are scams out there and need to be awarw. She is funding the trip on her own. She has not asked me for a cent. Why do you say she will not get a visa? she has several friends that have accomplished the very same thing without any problems at all. If it was going to be so problematic, we would just remain pen pals. She has already spoken to lawyers and a visa issuing agency in her area and all parties say that the is no problem with getting visa. We are just waiting for her to get the final finances together. I said I would help but she denied help. She wants to do this part on her own.
That all sounds very great! She may well be in the low percentage of single Russian women who can qualify for a visa in her own right. Tourist visas aree typically difficult for that demographic because of what OTHER people have done in the past. FSU = Former Soviet Union, G7 is in the name of a discussion group specific to marriage based immigration from the FSU.

If she gets here, and things go the way you hope, you can begin the fiance visa process for her.
How Do I Bring My Fiancé(e) to the United States?
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/fiance.htm

Application Procedures: Bringing a Fiancé(e) to Live in the United States
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/fianceapp.htm

She will apply for the K-1 visa at the Moscow Consulate and when she has it, she may move permanently to the US.
Best of luck, and I hope everything turns out the way you wish!

northforker

what if

Northforker from NC...Thank you Evcalyptos. I have another question you may be able to give me information about. Say my girl friend and I get along great and want to become married. Under her B-2 visa, does she have to return back to Russia? She is already here so can I/we petition for her to stay if she is my fiancee to save on the costs of applying for another visa, travel expenses etc..? From what I have researched so far, she would have to return. Is there another way? This is just food for thought if we want a perminent relationship. Thanks again.

evcalyptos

northforker said:
Northforker from NC...Thank you Evcalyptos. I have another question you may be able to give me information about. Say my girl friend and I get along great and want to become married. Under her B-2 visa, does she have to return back to Russia? She is already here so can I/we petition for her to stay if she is my fiancee to save on the costs of applying for another visa, travel expenses etc..? From what I have researched so far, she would have to return. Is there another way? This is just food for thought if we want a perminent relationship. Thanks again.
The B2 visa is not intended for immigrating on.
If you like the woman, do her the courtesy of letting her immigrate legally, and in a sufficient timeline; it does take awhile to close up one's affairs at home before moving halfway around the world. Not to mention the fact that you have not yet met in person; apply some common sense and don't let the heart and the rest of the body run amok :)

Take photos of the 2 of you in front of recognizable landmarks, holding dated newspapers etc so that you will have sufficient eveidence of having met in person, as required by the I-129f. Have her sign and complete the applicable forms (sign in blue ink to be safe) and enjoy your visit without too much pressure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">