• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this going to qualify for EB2?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nixone

What is the name of your state? UT

I just learned that there is a new opening at Patent and Intellectual Property Dept of my current company? This is the description of the job and they said, they may be able to change few things around, if this is going to help me to get by LC under EB2.

Job Title: Research Analyst-Patent & Intellectual Property
Job Description:
This Analyst function is responsible for managing the research and delivery of critical information and knowledge affecting (company name)’s research, development and business performance. The Analyst's role will be to analyze patents, research papers, journal documents and news articles in different areas of technology. The analyst will research new and emerging areas of technology and will prepare technology analysis briefs for management. The analyst will help define patent portfolio strategy and will play a critical role in funneling the company’s research efforts to make something innovative.
Education: Master’s degree in a research-focused field with background in Information Technology

I have a master's in public policy, master's in management information systems and bachelor's in management information systems. I have sone research experience as a Graduate Research Assistant and my current job (Operations Research Analyst) is also very research oriented. Is this job qualify for EB2?

nixone

I got one master's degree (public policy) BEFORE I joined the company and I got second master's degree (management information systems) AFTER I joined the company.

And the postion I posted above is a new position within the company. Thanks.

Did you get the master's after you joined the company or before?

ImmigAttyLana

It would be difficult to use your second master's for a new position within the company as it would likely be presumed that the position was created FOR you and this is not permitted for the PERM process.

nixone

It would be difficult to use your second master's for a new position within the company as it would likely be presumed that the position was created FOR you and this is not permitted for the PERM process.
Wouldn't I be qualified for the new position without using my second master's?

My first master's is research based (public policy) and my undergraduate is in management information systems (IT related) and I have a couple of years experience in IT field before I joined this company. Appreciate your time and advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">