• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green Card After 15 Years living in USA Studied School

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jack2264

Hi

I require advice on how i can get my green card asap.

Here is my situation it is pretty simple and decent standing.

been here non stop for 15 years

-Finished official High School in Florida and some College
- Acquired my Social Security card during school saying for work permit only
I have worked in numerous company's such as best buy, staples, home depot etc with my social even last year had a official job with taxes deducted.

- I cant get a driver license due to old one expired and my passport is expired
- My student visa expired after the school back in 2005
- I do my taxes every year and all documented
- i all my documents are expired including my driver license and my passport.

I know there is a way to do this because my major was computer science and i went to school here there has to be a way to start my application for my Permanent residency ( green card).

Please any information in the right direction would help me.

Thank you in advance

FlyingRon

You've left out a lot of details, but let me get this straight.

You came here on an F-1, which is a non-immigrant visa. You abused your lawful OPT status to continue to work here illegally as well as being illegally present for a decade.

What should happen is that you be deported and suffer at least a ten year, if not life time ban.

You should be talking to an immigration attorney. This is neither SIMPLE nor STRAIGHT FORWARD.

PaulMass

Hi

I require advice on how i can get my green card asap.

Here is my situation it is pretty simple and decent standing.

been here non stop for 15 years

-Finished official High School in Florida and some College
- Acquired my Social Security card during school saying for work permit only
I have worked in numerous company's such as best buy, staples, home depot etc with my social even last year had a official job with taxes deducted.

- I cant get a driver license due to old one expired and my passport is expired
- My student visa expired after the school back in 2005
- I do my taxes every year and all documented
- i all my documents are expired including my driver license and my passport.

I know there is a way to do this because my major was computer science and i went to school here there has to be a way to start my application for my Permanent residency ( green card).

Please any information in the right direction would help me.

Thank you in advance
In general, you need a sponsor (relative or employer) to get a green card. Depending on your age when you arrived, and your age now, you may qualify for DACA. That would get you employment authorization.

Even of you find a sponsor, it seems that you have accrued unlawful presence, so are likely inadmissible. You'll need to see if a waiver is available to you.

Last edited:

Proserpina

He's already here - being inadmissible only comes into play if he leaves and tries to return; it doesn't enter the equation if he adjusts status while he's here.

OP, how did you actually enter the country?

t74

Apparently he entered as a student

OP, If you can get a green card, it will not be either easy or fast. Your mistake was not following the rules first getting employer sponsorship for H1B and then getting employer sponsorship for a green card. A US degree does not grant you any rights for a green card. Your CS degree and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. A CS degree with no recent applicable experience is nearly worthless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">