• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

green card or citizenship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snezana

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My father was born in Monte*****-ex Yugoslavia in 1941as a son of U.S. citizen and lived there when he in 2005 received a U.S. citizenship (U.S. passport) in Belgrade at American embassy, by birth as a son of a US citizen. Then he went to live in U.S. and he resides now in New Jersey. Once, when he asked for some copies of citizenship he learned that he was called up for the army during the war in Vietnam, but in that time he lived in Monte***** of course. So, I think that he was in that time some kind of "Unknowing"citizen since he was called up for the army as u US citizen. Am I right? So, if this is true, my question would be: Can I get the citizenship through my father or grandfather?At the back of his "Certificate of Citizenship"states : A citizen from March 12, 1941, to the present, excluding the period of non-citizenship from March 12, 1967 till January 28, 2005. Thank you.

SHORTY LONG

Was your Dad drafted into the Army? Or in other words, did he serve in
the Army on active duty during Vietnam (1964-1975).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">