• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green card fraud against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry321

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hi, I posted this in another sub-forum of website but I thought maybe my situation would relate to this sub-section as well. Thank you.

hat is the nae of your state (only U.S. law)? New York.

I am an American Citizen living in the State of New York. After finishing my duty in the Marines and serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, I decided to settle down. I had a religious marriage with a foreigner in 2011. I hired an American lawyer to complete her visa process. Once she came to america in end of January 2012, I applied for her conditional green card. 2 months later she received her conditional green card in the mail. All of a sudden her behaviors changed, she became very argumentative, and a few days after receiving her conditional green card she ran out of our home.

After 2 days, I filed a missing persons report because she did not call or communicate with me and I was afraid for her safety. She was also 3 months pregnant with my child.

One week later I receive a letter from a religious institution in canada that she is in fact in Canada and she has requested a religious divorce from me on the grounds that she does like my mother who lived with us. She has also done abortion on my child. Her request for divorce was granted by the religious institution and I was sent the official divorce documents in the mail.

After this event, I had no idea where she was, what she was doing nore did I have any intention of pursuing a person after they have done what I believed to be fraud against me.

A few months later This very same person comes back to america and knocks on my door with the police. The police served me with a summons for family court. She has a temporary order of protection against me claiming abuse and claiming I am going to kill her. In the summons paper it also claims she wants $15,000 worth of jewelry and possessions she claims I have which is not true at all.

I spoke to the lawyer I hired to process her visa to come to america when we initially got married and the lawyer flat out told me she is doing all this to ensure her conditional visa is approved for a permanent visa. And the best way to do that without spousal support is by claiming abuse.

My court date is on November 23rd. I have all the documents I need to protect myself such as divorce papers from her, her statement she signed with the religious institution clearly stating I was a good husband but her reason for leaving was due to my mother's interference in our lives, I also have paper work I sent to american and her country embassy which declares my support for her is no longer true due to fraud committed against me.

I would like to know how can I protect myself against such a terrible human being who is bent on ruining my life? Where do I stand in terms of the law?

I'm worried once this family court thing is done she will never leave me alone and she will continue to make more false complaints against me.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you SO much.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York.

I am an American Citizen living in the State of New York. After finishing my duty in the Marines and serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, I decided to settle down. I had a religious marriage with a foreigner in 2011. I hired an American lawyer to complete her visa process. Once she came to america in end of January 2012, I applied for her conditional green card. 2 months later she received her conditional green card in the mail. All of a sudden her behaviors changed, she became very argumentative, and a few days after receiving her conditional green card she ran out of our home.

After 2 days, I filed a missing persons report because she did not call or communicate with me and I was afraid for her safety. She was also 3 months pregnant with my child.

One week later I receive a letter from a religious institution in canada that she is in fact in Canada and she has requested a religious divorce from me on the grounds that she does like my mother who lived with us. She has also done abortion on my child. Her request for divorce was granted by the religious institution and I was sent the official divorce documents in the mail.

After this event, I had no idea where she was, what she was doing nore did I have any intention of pursuing a person after they have done what I believed to be fraud against me.

A few months later This very same person comes back to america and knocks on my door with the police. The police served me with a summons for family court. She has a temporary order of protection against me claiming abuse and claiming I am going to kill her. In the summons paper it also claims she wants $15,000 worth of jewelry and possessions she claims I have which is not true at all.

I spoke to the lawyer I hired to process her visa to come to america when we initially got married and the lawyer flat out told me she is doing all this to ensure her conditional visa is approved for a permanent visa. And the best way to do that without spousal support is by claiming abuse.

My court date is on November 23rd. I have all the documents I need to protect myself such as divorce papers from her, her statement she signed with the religious institution clearly stating I was a good husband but her reason for leaving was due to my mother's interference in our lives, I also have paper work I sent to american and her country embassy which declares my support for her is no longer true due to fraud committed against me.

I would like to know how can I protect myself against such a terrible human being who is bent on ruining my life? Where do I stand in terms of the law?

I'm worried once this family court thing is done she will never leave me alone and she will continue to make more false complaints against me.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you SO much.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hi, I posted this in another sub-forum of website but I thought maybe my situation would relate to this sub-section as well. Thank you.

hat is the nae of your state (only U.S. law)? New York.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you SO much.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you SO much.
DUPLICATE THREAD: https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/family-court-date-order-protection-green-card-marriage-fraud-more-585344.html

Please refrain from posting multiple threads about the same subject. You should probably close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">