• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green Card for Mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maclaw

I'm living in the State of California ( Los Angeles) and obtained my Green Card 6 Years ago in the State Of New York.
.. and I have following question:
Is it possible for a Mother of a Green Card holder to obtain a green card ( maybe in a similar process like a child of the green card holder ) .

Looking forward to your opinions ..
( Hope your free advice is not .. get a Lawyer ...lol thats mostly the advice I get on my threads lol )

Proserpina

I'm living in the State of California ( Los Angeles) and obtained my Green Card 6 Years ago in the State Of New York.
.. and I have following question:
Is it possible for a Mother of a Green Card holder to obtain a green card ( maybe in a similar process like a child of the green card holder ) .

Looking forward to your opinions ..
( Hope your free advice is not .. get a Lawyer ...lol thats mostly the advice I get on my threads lol )

(Then that should have clued you in somewhat, non?)

You can only sponsor your parents if/when you naturalize. As a permanent resident there is no means for you to petition for your parents.

maclaw

@Proserpina thanks for the info about Neutralization.. now in fact to take further steps with that I would see an Immigration Lawyer to prepare for the specifics.
For for all minor questions I will always try to find out on a forum get an idea about my situations before I bring anything to a Lawyer and weather on not its even worth bringing it to a lawyer and what kind of steps I get go myself about my situations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">