• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green Card Q's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danny_ca

What is the name of your state? California

Hello, my name is Danny, and I have a green card, it has been almost 3 years.
I have applied for a Travel Documet, but i have not recieved any thing yet. I have purchased my ticket to fly out of the country.
I'm planing to travel to Germany and from Germany to Kosova.
It looks like i would not be able to recieve my Travel Document on time.
I was wondering and it may be a dumb Q's.
Is it possible to Travel just with Green Card? If not can i use one of my old Expired Travel Documents?
Thank you very much, your help will be appriciated.

Best Regards:
Danny, Ca

ImmigAttyLana

YOu only need to get a reentry travel document if you plan to be outside the US for an extended period of time (more than 6 months). If you do not, then you just travel with your passport and green card.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

danny_ca

Thank you very much for the reply.
Maybe i did not clarify my q's. As of now i only have the green card on me , and my old travel document is expired, I have applied for a new one , but i dont think it will make it on time, because my ticket is booked for July 25 th.
My over all Q's was is. Do you think i would be able to travel just with a Green Card out of the states?
Thank you very much.

evcalyptos

Thank you very much for the reply.
Maybe i did not clarify my q's. As of now i only have the green card on me , and my old travel document is expired, I have applied for a new one , but i dont think it will make it on time, because my ticket is booked for July 25 th.
My over all Q's was is. Do you think i would be able to travel just with a Green Card out of the states?
Thank you very much.
hi,
There are several types of 'travel document' one can get with application form I-131: which one did you have, and which one are you now applying for and why? How long do you plan to be gone from the US?

If you are applying for a reentry permit, to help protect your Permanent Resident status because you will be outside the US for more than 12 months, it is OK to apply for it but leave the US before you get it. (this does not apply for AOS applicants using Advance Parole; they must have the document before they leave the US).

If you are just going outside the US for a couple of weeks or months, you do not need an additional travel document under normal circumstances. Please see the uscis.gov page titled 'Now that you are a Permanent Resident'.

danny_ca

THank you for all the effort you guys are giving to me .
I have appl. for a Refuge Travel Document.
I will not be going out of USA for more then 5 Weeks. I did Appl. for the Travel Documet, but it seems like its not going to come to my mail before i Live to Europe. MY Flight is on the July,25 2007.
I only have the Green Card, and i Do not have any other Travel Documents or any other Passports.
I was wondering if i can leave only with Green Card for Europe?
Let me know please if some one knows the Answear to this .
Thank you to all .

ImmigAttyLana

No, if you do not have a valid passport, then the green card is NOT sufficient. The green card is really only for reentry back to the US. It is not an entry document to any other country.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">