• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

green card travel abroad after a short stay in the USA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anis4ever

Hi, Iam sorry to bother you with my question but I hope someone could answer me.

I was admitted to the us as an SIV ( special immigrant visa).I got the green card after 6 weeks.It was sent to my friend's home which I stayed in for one week.I didn't stay in the US only for one week because My mother was about to do a heart surgery so I went back my country.While I was in my country my friend mailed me the green card so I can go back to the state using it.because of my mother's situation I had to stay outside the us for seven months.The us embassy in my country knows about mother's condition because when they issued me a first visa, It was expired and I didn't leave in time to the us so I applied for a replacement visa and the embassy understood why I didn't do so they issued me another visa.I entered the us with new visa and stayed only for one week then went back to my country as I said before because of my mother's surgery. Now Iam planning to go back and I read a lot of stories about green card travel.Iam afraid when I go back to the USA I might not enter.Can anyone help me.Can I enter the us as long as I haven't gone for more than a year even if I have gone for seven months or I will be in trouble cause I only stayed in the us for one week then my friend sent me the green card.I do have a chase bank account and an address.I hope someone with an experience could answer me.I can take paper works that proves my mother's condition.She is sick with cancer.She was in the hospital most of the previous months.I hope someone can advise me and gives me even a little hope that I can enter the USA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">