• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Greencard approval pending after interview, USCIS status page states initial review

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nightshift

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

My wife( US citizen) and I had our interview yesterday but the green card wast approved bcuz the officer thought we didnt have enough evidence. she took my i 94 and stated that she will communicate to me through my lawyer. Wat should i expect?

Last edited:

ImmigAttyLana

You should talk to your lawyer since you have one and since he/she probably knows more about your case than strangers on a public forum. However, you should probably expect a request for additional evidence from the officer if that was his reason for not approving you right there and then.

nightshift

I talked to my lawyer and he said he doesn't know what will happen. Anybody ever had such an experience and how long was the process?

ImmigAttyLana

It varies from case to case, of course, since the type of additional documentation that may be required is going to be different in your case from other applicants.

You can wait for the further correspondence from the USCIS. You can also follow up with the local office where you had the interview by doing the INFOPASS appointment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">