• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H-1 approved want to go back to F-1 (F-1 still valid)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anipk

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

Presently I am on f-1 student visa as full time student.

Company filed for my H-1 (COS from F-1 to H-1) to effective from October 1,2007. It is approved and I have received approval Notice.

But now I am seeing prospect in further studies. Can My H-1 be cancelled and I be back on F-1 or Do I need to file COS again?

Can I travel outside USA ?:confused:

ImmigAttyLana

You would need to do a COS back to F-1 status and it would have to be approved before you can go back to school if you want to return on a fulltime basis. To be a part time student, you can do that while in H-1B status.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

anipk

New Mexico.

Thank you for your reply

As I understand My F-1 is vaid till October 1st,2007. (Originally ,on passport, expiration date is July 2008). After that I will be on H-1

If File COS now and is it possible to get it approved before 1 Ocotber, 2007.

If that happens Can i travel back to India and come back as regular F-1 student or Do I need to get stamping done again?

Thanks

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, you can get it approved before then but it will probably only become valid at that time, if your current one is valid through that date. If the COS is approved as such, then you do not need to go for stamping. If it is approved for consular processing, then you will need to go to get a new visa before it can become active.

anipk

I need to go back to home country later

Thank you for your reply.

If my COS is approved to F-1 again and If I have to go to India for personel reasons later ,will I need restamping? or can I reenter USA without need for stamping.

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, if you need to go abroad and your current visa is no longer valid, you WILL need to get a new F-1 visa in order to be able to reenter the US in valid F-1 status.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">