• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H-2b

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zenkick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
I have a cousin (U.S. citizen) who would set up a company for alternative therapies, would he be able to hire me on an H-2B visa?
Thanks

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
I have a cousin (U.S. citizen) who would set up a company for alternative therapies, would he be able to hire me on an H-2B visa?
Thanks
Possibly, put it would be a tough slog. First he has to apply for the job classification and show that there aren't sufficient US workers to fill the positions and that hiring the H-2B wouldn't adversely affect the US workers. Further he has to show that this is indeed a temporary position either because the need goes away, is intermittent, or that you'd be brought in for a peak season flow. He just can't rotate multiple temporary workers through the same position.

He then has to worry about the cap (quotas) on how many such workers are allowed.

Then he has to make a specific compelling reason why you meet the requirements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">