• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1 Application cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sivasundaran

Hi,

I am in chennai, India and I have resigned from my previous employer last month (July 2012) in India but before settlement they are saying that H1B visa processing fees of about INR 2.8 lakhs ($5075) is recoverable from me. I have given mail confirmation towards the acceptance of visa processing during March 2012 and I was not informed about the progress or payments made in between. I was never aware of my VISA getting processed.

I would like to know if the H1B visa fees paid at this stage is recoverable or not. Can it be recoverd if they cancell my petition and what happens if I got selected in lottery and then cancell it. I would also like to know for proofs that I have to get from my comapny towards the payment.

Please help me as the sum is huge and I will not be able to pay it. I need the relieving letter to be given to my current employer.

Siva

Last edited:

sandyclaus

Hi,

I am in chennai, India and I have resigned from my previous employer last month (July 2012) in India but before settlement they are saying that H1B visa processing fees of about INR 2.8 lakhs ($5075) is recoverable from me. I have given mail confirmation towards the acceptance of visa processing during March 2012 and I was not informed about the progress or payments made in between. I was never aware of my VISA getting processed.

I would like to know if the H1B visa fees paid at this stage is recoverable or not. Can it be recoverd if they cancell my petition and what happens if I got selected in lottery and then cancell it. I would also like to know for proofs that I have to get from my comapny towards the payment.

Please help me as the sum is huge and I will not be able to pay it. I need the relieving letter to be given to my current employer.

Siva
Sorry, but we deal in US law only here.

However, just based on common sense, it would seem that if you resigned from the employer that sponsored you and paid for your visa prior to you fulfilling your work obligation, they may well have a claim against you for reimbursement of the fees they paid.

sivasundaran

Sorry, but we deal in US law only here.

However, just based on common sense, it would seem that if you resigned from the employer that sponsored you and paid for your visa prior to you fulfilling your work obligation, they may well have a claim against you for reimbursement of the fees they paid.
Thank you for your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">