• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1-B transfer after Oct 1, no pay checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nixone

What is the name of your state? NY

I have got my H1-B approved effective Oct 1, 2007 (US Master Quota). I am not starting with my current company until Jan 2 as I am completing my second Master's in different state and they are ok with it.

Now I got a new job offer where I was doing a summer internship. They are in the process of doing my H1-B, but the problem is they may not able to send my application to CSC before Oct 1. After Oct 1, I will not have pay checks as CSC may ask for it as I was supposed to be working for my current company (current company=the one that did my H1-B already).

My question is, how would I go about solving this issue? I have original I-94 and photocopy of the aproved letter from my current company. Thanks.

ajharish

Sooner the better. If you apply for H1 transfer, say by the 1st week or 2nd week you should be fine. Because your payroll is either biweekly or monthly. so you should be ok if done ASAP.
I got my new petition approved for my new employer based on an prior approval notice of old employer before October 1st.
I am not a lawyer!! its just my perception:)

nixone

Sooner the better. If you apply for H1 transfer, say by the 1st week or 2nd week you should be fine. Because your payroll is either biweekly or monthly. so you should be ok if done ASAP.
I got my new petition approved for my new employer based on an prior approval notice of old employer before October 1st.
I am not a lawyer!! its just my perception:)
Thanks ajharish. I hope the new company will be able to put together my application materials soon and send it next week or so.

Thanks again.

NiceFriendOfU

Is the old h1b stil valid

If a person has h1b approved from employer A and filed a new petetion from employer B
will his previous petetion with employ A is still valid ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">