• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1 & L1 extension approved simultaneously

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sakhi

Hi, I came to USA on L1 with company A. I applied for H1 with company B after working for 2 years with A. Company A applied for my L1 extension as my visa got expired in Jan2012. Now my h1 approved on 28Jan and L1 also approved on 2nd Feb. So what is my legal status in USA now? Is my H1 invalid now? If I resign company A, Can I be on H1??? I have not received any documents yet, just checked on the site. Its urgent, Please help.

ImmigAttyLana

With the last action rule, it is the latest decision that determines your status. However, since you already have a H-1B approval notice, you can simply depart the US and obtain a H-1B visa on the basis of the H-1B approval notice and reenter the US with that visa and approval notice to start working for the H-1B employer.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">