• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1 Transfer on OPT without paystubs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suraj

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi,

I completed my masters in Feb 2007, and hired by a company A. The company revoked my offer (before joining) but applied for my H1. I joined a consultant to be on the safe side.

Now, the Company A has approved my H1, is it possible to get it transferred without paystubs?

My OPT is till 1st April 2008, and the H1 start date is 1st October 2007. The consultant I joined also applied for H1 and got a query (reply already received). I already have a company willing to hire me.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

S.

ajharish

Hi,

when did your consultancy apply for your H1? i mean, was it a new petition filed before April 30th ( Before Masters cap exhausted) or was it a petition filed in reference to your already approved H1 with company A?

Suraj

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

My question is that can I transfer my Company A H1 without paystubs to a new company?

The company B (Consultant) also applied for a fresh H1 before the master's cap was reached. I was not sure if the company A will do it or not, that's why I took this step. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Suraj

ImmigAttyLana

Your posts are very confusing. If both companies filed a H-1B petition on your behalf, then there is no need to do any transfers since you need to just wait until the company's petition on your behalf (the company you'd like to work for) is approved.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Suraj

Dear Lana,

My apologies for the confusion. Let me try to explain one last time.

1. Company "A" revoked my offer but filed my H1 which is approved. I don't have any paystubs because I never worked for them
2. In the meanwhile I joined Company "B" (a consultant) and got my H1 filed because I was not sure about company A and never wanted to miss the deadline. This consultant could not place me till now
3. QUESTION: I have an offer from company "C", and my question is that can I transfer company A's H1 to them?

My OPT is ending on April 1st 2007

ImmigAttyLana

I keep explaining the same thing to you and you for some reason refuse to READ what I am writing. You cannot transfer anything if you are not already in that status in order to be able to transfer it. A new employer has to file a NEW PETITION on your behalf that will not be subject to the quota!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">