• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1 transfer when another transfer in progress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunny2007

What is the name of your state? CA

I was working for company A till last month on H1B visa. I transfered my visa to company B last month and got the H1B receipt letter but still the visa hasnot been approved. So I started working for company B. But now I have an offer from another company C which I would love to transfer my visa to. Is there any problem in doing so or should wait for my approval first?

Can anyone help me on this?

ImmigAttyLana

You can have C file it but most likely, the B petition would have to be approved before C petition can be approved.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

sunny2007

Thanks Lana. That was real fast. But can I start working for company C as soon as I apply and receive my application receipt?

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, I believe you can. However, as a strategy, I would probably suggest doing it as premium processing so that it can expedite the adjudication of the B petition in order to get to the C adjudication.

ImmigAttyLana

You can email me directly to toblerone109[@]gmail.com or through a private message on the forum and I will be happy to give you my contact details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">