• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1 Visa from County/State Government Agencies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fifer16

Hello,

I graduated with Masters in Public Health from US university. Most of the jobs in my field are offered either by County or State Government. I do know these agencies come under non-profit organizations. Job titles would be Public Health Officer/Epidemiologist/Health Promotion Manager/Health Educator. These jobs may or may not include research directly or indirectly. I read in one of the immigration forums, only research oriented jobs in non-profit organizations preferably Universities or higher education institutions will come get approved under non cap H1B quota. My question is IF and only IF these agencies offer me a job, what would be the success rate in getting H1B approved. Any help would be appreciated in this regard. Thanks in advance!

quincy

Thank you for starting your own thread, fifer16. :)

The attorney who usually provides advice in this section of the forum, Immigration Attorney Lana, has not visited the forum in awhile but hopefully she will be by soon to address your concerns (and those of other posters who have started threads recently).

If not ImmigAttyLana, perhaps another immigration expert will wander by to assist. I am not one, so I can't help you. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">