• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1b

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NiceFriendOfU

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hello Lana,

I have question for u regarding H1b,

I am on OPT
I have an approved h1b from an employer A and My employer B has filed a new petetion on aug 21,and the request is till pending, my question is

1) Can I work for employer B from OCT 1st

Last edited:

NiceFriendOfU

h1b

Hello Mrs.Lana,

I'm on OPT

Got an H1b approved from employer A.

And My employer B filed a petetion on aug 27 while I am on OPT (he is saying that he applied for h1b transfer), when I ask u regarding the same question, it was told that the new petetion will not be a transfer instead it will be a "completely new petetion"

When I ask my employer B he is saying it is h1b transfer that he applied for and when I ask u abt it, i am getting a completely different answer.

I am in dillema and I dont know which situation I am in. I am totally confused.

Please help me.

Thank u in advance.

ImmigAttyLana

I think it may just be semantics as far as what they are calling it. It really does not matter what you call it (it's not technically a transfer for the reasons I explained it could not be) but once it is approved, if it is approved, you will see how it is approved and that will be the important factor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">