• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B consular notification approved as change of status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

santhosh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Hi,

I am currently on OPT-Extension valid till Sep 2013 and my F1 Visa is also valid till June 2013. I am currently working in a full time job for a US company. They filed a H1-B petition as counsular notification as I am travelling to India in June and coming back by end of June itself. The petition got approved wrongly as Change of Status instead of counsular notification. Due to this, the SEVIS entry of mine shows it is valid till Sep 30 and I will be in H1B after that. Now my employer wants to correct this because it is not what we asked for and it might create a problem in future when I go for H1-B stamping.

My questions is:

1) When this get corrected, will my SEVIS entry will restore to the previous one i.e OPT expiration date (Sep 2013) ?
2) Is there is chance that I will be kicked out of SEVIS because of this and I wont be able to renter US on June 30 ?

I have other valid documents for travel such as I-20, OPT Card, employment authorization letter, offer letter, valid F1 Visa.

Thanks,
Santhosh.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">