• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1b OR Greencard OR sponsorship??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chriswest

What is the name of your state? FL

Hello there im from the UK i have a good resume, about 2 pages!! Im a computer It Tech, build repIar ETC. We came to the usa 4 weeks ago and we came because i was promissed work/sponsoership now all that was empty words of hope.. where do i go from here?? what would be the right way ahead. ive looked into cragslist and have replyed to countless job listings but to no joy to getting anything or any where.
would B1Base OR Greencard kit where you have to pay like $194 each and they say that if i pay this cash im garrenteed a green card Or H1b sponsorship?? OR is there a free way i can do it my self or something? well anyone give me a helping hand on where WE (me and my family go from here? plz plz plz ) thanks chris.

ImmigAttyLana

For either H-1B or green card you need to be PETITIONED by an employer. You cannot do anything on your own.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

chriswest

For either H-1B or green card you need to be PETITIONED by an employer. .
thanks.. so basicly i need to go around handing out my resume? and hope for the best then.. We have made friends with a few american familys over here now and they said they would do anything to help us out finding work Etc one even said he would sponsor me to work for him, but he just runs a part time web hosting site, dout he can do much to be honest.. BTW can a usa family sponsor us to stay or has it got to be work only ?.. thanks again. chris

ImmigAttyLana

A family cannot sponsor you unless they are related to you in a way that would qualify them as petitioners. It would have to be on the basis of a valid job offer.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

evcalyptos

thanks.. so basicly i need to go around handing out my resume? and hope for the best then.. We have made friends with a few american familys over here now and they said they would do anything to help us out finding work Etc one even said he would sponsor me to work for him, but he just runs a part time web hosting site, dout he can do much to be honest.. BTW can a usa family sponsor us to stay or has it got to be work only ?.. thanks again. chris
chris, you seriously moved your family across the Atlantic on such sketchy information?

I'm sorry to deliver the cold hard facts, but you need to go back to the UK.
The listings you mention are scams.. there are 1000s of H-1B applications from last year that didn't get selected because the quota went in less than a day.

If you don't have an --immediate-- family member to sponsor you (spouse, parent or child) that is a non-starter too.
You are better off going home, doing your research ahead and making the move when you've got permission to.j

If you don't like hearing it from me here, check out the USA or visa forum of britishexpats.com where you can hear it in that dry, direct way your countrymen favor.
Sorry pal.

ImmigAttyLana

You were "promised" sponsorship or did you already actually obtain a H-1B visa for the employer and the job offer just did not pan out to be what they promised? In what immigration status did you and your family enter the US?

chriswest

You were "promised" sponsorship or did you already actually obtain a H-1B visa for the employer and the job offer just did not pan out to be what they promised? In what immigration status did you and your family enter the US?
well we all have the Green one for 90 days. when we entered the usa.. we was all told to fill in a entry visa on the plane before we could come into the contry. then i was told the company would do all the h1b forms etc for me, ie sort it all out. all i would have to do is fly here and start work..

ImmigAttyLana

That was unfortunate for you that you did not look into this a bit further since the VWP on which you entered would not have allowed you to change status within the US anyway even if a H-1B would be possible for you. Secondly, the H-1B quota for the year starting 10/1/07 has been reached on April 2, 2007 and no further applications could be submitted or processed so there was no way that this "company" could have done anything for you. Hopefully, you did not pay them any money for any of their "services"

evcalyptos

well we all have the Green one for 90 days. when we entered the usa.. we was all told to fill in a entry visa on the plane before we could come into the contry. then i was told the company would do all the h1b forms etc for me, ie sort it all out. all i would have to do is fly here and start work..
You are here as tourists, and after reading your posts at britishexpats, you're dizzy tourists at that.
Drive your new van to Mexico (as you suggested) and live there illegally. The weather is nicer and the produce is fresher. You've got no hope of staying in the US as anything other than an illegal at this point. Your TOURIST entry can't be extended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">