• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B to J1 visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Indidoc

i came here on f1 status in 2004. my visa expired in 2009. I never went back but always maintained student status. I went from masters to english language school to maintain my student status. IN 2015 I got sponsored for h1b by a hospital( i am a medical graduate) for research position. 6 months later I moved to another hospital and got my H1 transferred successfully. Now there is a residency program willing to accept me into surgical residency but on J1. What are the chances of getting J1 if i go back home(india) to get a j1 visa Stamped. The Hospital willing to take me into residency will not wait for me to change status here. Any help/advice is appreciated.

t74

Go home for stamping as you were advised by the institution offering you the position. If you are qualified for a residency, I do not understand why you are posting this question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">