• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B masters quota

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaushik

What is the name of your state? CA

Hii

I am a masters student (completed) from US univ..... I applied gor H1B visa this year......I heard that even for masters cap there will be lottery system this year becoz of heavy inflow

if thts the case...if i dont get H1B in lottery, can I ask my company to file L1 visa . Is that possible to do.?? and then I will ask them to appy for H1 next year....

thank u

kaushik

Hey Lana

I dunnoo.....Its just a thought.....actually I was asking.....:p....

so wht should I do incase i dint get H1B (I am M.S f from US)

ppl say masters students def get it even thou limit exceeds becoz of obv reasons.....

I am getting prepared to the worst case scenario.....

ImmigAttyLana

Well, why don't you read the requirements for the L-1 visa and see whether you qualify (I don't think you do). If you are not selected in the lottery, then you do not get to have your petition reviewed. It's really as simple as that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">