• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1b revoke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lovelife

What is the name of your state? DE

Thank you for letting you post here first.

I describe my case first. I am in the OPT right now, and the company applied for H1b for me.
Later, due to various reason I got laid off very recently. My H1b got approved already, but it will activated on Oct 1st. Now I get an admission from a University right now, and I am wondering if I can go to school right now. My OPT will expire on Sept 30th. My question is should I apply F1 now, or I only need to get I-20 from school.

Some lawyers told me I only need to get the I-20 and let the company to revoke the H1b before Oct 1st, but some said I must refile F1 even the company revoke the H1b before Oct 1st. If I need to refile F1, which form I should use? I-539 or some else?

I am in the urgent situation, thanks for those who can provide legal advice. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">