• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B Transfer premium processing vs H1B Consular notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neobest

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA

Hi
I am currently on H1-B working for a company "A". My H1B is valid to Feb 2016 and so is my passport and I-94. Now another company "B" is offering me a job and I am planning to join them in June 2015 after H1B transfer. Now the problem is, USCIS has stopped processing premium H1B transfer application till July 2015. Company B is recommending that I opt for H1B Consular notice (under premium processing) to get transfer done faster. My question is -
1. What is the difference between H1B Transfer using premium processing vs H1B Consular notice ? I understand that later won't come with a new I-94 but do I need to go out of country for visa stamping right away or can I wait till Jan 2016 ?
2. In case I can delay my travel, is there a option by which I can totally avoid going out of US for stamping ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">