• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B Travel to Puerto Rico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelico864

Washington, District of Columbia

I have an H1B visa but have not left the US for several years now, during which my status changed from student, to OPT, to H1B. Now that I am on H1B, I have planned a trip to Puerto Rico, which I know is part of the US.

Do I need anything more than a driver's license to get back in the US?

I will bring my passport and a copy of my H1B form 797C, the original is at the company's headquarters. Would that be sufficient?

I have booked the entire trip and leaving in 2 days. I went to the DMV today to get a driver's license and they would not accept anything but the original 797C, which I don't have.

Thank you!!!

ImmigAttyLana

PR is a US territory and no immigration checks or controls are necessary as long as you are not traveling through some other place that is not a US territory.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">