• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1b visa holder marriage to another h1b visa holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pks26

hi,

I am an h1 b visa holder and wish to marry another h1b visa holder in our current state of residence (New Jersey). Can someone please tell me if its legal to do so and what is the procedure for that. My parents would like to perform a ceremony here in US and his parents wish to do another one in our home country (India). So we will be registering our marriage in India also.

Please guide me on how to do in US , considering that both of us will also be going for H1 b visa stamping (renewal for another 3 yrs) during my visit to India.

Thanks

evcalyptos

hi,

I am an h1 b visa holder and wish to marry another h1b visa holder in our current state of residence (New Jersey). Can someone please tell me if its legal to do so and what is the procedure for that. My parents would like to perform a ceremony here in US and his parents wish to do another one in our home country (India). So we will be registering our marriage in India also.

Please guide me on how to do in US , considering that both of us will also be going for H1 b visa stamping (renewal for another 3 yrs) during my visit to India.

Thanks
Simply look up the rules for getting a marriage license in your county.
Marriages are not registered with the Federal government in the US as they are in some other countries.

Get a marriage license, get married, enjoy your lives together. Make sure your marriage certificate gets 'recorded' or 'registered' with your local officials (it may be the county, or state gov't) and that you get an official copy back---that can sometimes take a few weeks. Get a few copies of it from the registration office.
There is no immigration consequence for getting married in the US as 2 H-1B holders.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">