• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B Visa holder marrying a F1 Visa holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashshastry

Hello there,

I am planning to get married to my fiance in the month of October. Iam a H1B visa holder for the past 2.5 years and my Finacee is currently on F1(student Visa). I would like to know what are the formalities that I would need to complete in order to get married to a F1 Visa holder.

Would it be a problem for her visa status ?

Hoping for a reply ASAP.

Thanks In advance.
A

ImmigAttyLana

There are no formalities that you need to take into consideration. You just get married and then your spouse can change to H-4 status as your spouse or remain in F-1 status.

ashshastry

There are no formalities that you need to take into consideration. You just get married and then your spouse can change to H-4 status as your spouse or remain in F-1 status.
Lana,

First of all thanks a million for the quick response. But my fiancee would like to continue on her f1 visa after marriage and then she plans to look for a job on OPT. Would this cause any kind of a hassel ?

Thanks,
A

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">