• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H4 Extension Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sag_manna

What is the name of your state? Colorado
My friend is on h4 visa and has filed her H1.Her h1 is not yet approved.Her H4 will expire in sep .The question is if she files for her h4 extension then will her H1 be valid or what should she do to remain in status without harming her H1B.????
Thanks in advance

ImmigAttyLana

She would not need to do an H-4 extension if she had filed a change of status to H-1B before the H-4 expired. THat makes her in valid status until the H-1B is approved.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

ImmigAttyLana

If that happens, she would depart the US and reenter on the H-4 visa. Filing for an extension of H-4 status while the H-1B change of status is pending will essentially invalidate the pending H-1B petition because the last action will be the extension for the H-4.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">