• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H4 getting restrainig order and visa status question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CALAW21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi All,

My husband was arrested due to hitting me and threatening to kill me with a knife . There is criminal case still under review whether to file or not . It has been 2 months since the incident happened. Because this case is not moving forward my restraining order also getting dragged . As of now I am having a temporary restraining order and i am in H4 and working since having EAD in H4 . but soon my contract is going to end and i dont have much savings also . My mistake i hired a lawyer for representing me. What will happen if the case against him is going to move forward and if he ever get arrested my visa status also going to be void ? I have a kid who is 2.5 years old and us citizen . My husband would not allow me to take a kid to my country and so i cannot move too . What are all my options here ?
How long does it take for the criminal case to get convicted , As of now he is not guilty and not telling the truth too . Please advice me

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi All,

My husband was arrested due to hitting me and threatening to kill me with a knife . There is criminal case still under review whether to file or not . It has been 2 months since the incident happened. Because this case is not moving forward my restraining order also getting dragged . As of now I am having a temporary restraining order and i am in H4 and working since having EAD in H4 . but soon my contract is going to end and i dont have much savings also . My mistake i hired a lawyer for representing me. What will happen if the case against him is going to move forward and if he ever get arrested my visa status also going to be void ? I have a kid who is 2.5 years old and us citizen . My husband would not allow me to take a kid to my country and so i cannot move too . What are all my options here ?
How long does it take for the criminal case to get convicted , As of now he is not guilty and not telling the truth too . Please advice me
Do you have yours and your child's passports in your possession?

CALAW21

Do you have yours and your child's passports in your possession?
Yes I have all my documents and Child's one . But as per court order I should not even move out of the county . I am having a temporary restraining order and not a permanent one like for 5 years and all . I dont want any abduction charges on me , So I want to know how legally i could do it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">