• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health coverage for my parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salkharr

Hello, I am an American Citizen.

My parent are not, they are, however, present legally in the Status on a visit VISA and have applied for permenant residency and waiting the response. In the meantime, they have no income and no insurance and I am seeking our options on how to get them medical coverage.

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Sam

Silverplum

Hello, I am an American Citizen.

My parent are not, they are, however, present legally in the Status on a visit VISA and have applied for permenant residency and waiting the response. In the meantime, they have no income and no insurance and I am seeking our options on how to get them medical coverage.

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Sam
Why do you think is this a legal question and not an insurance question?

LdiJ

You promised to support them. You should help them negotiate the healthcare marketplace.
Unless they already have a green card, which it appears that they do not, they would have to purchase private insurance rather than through the marketplace.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">