• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help.. Any advice please??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buck1206

Arizona

Any advice would be so helpful. I have been over here in US since feb 06, my husband who is US citizen and myself (UK citizen) got married in march of 06. Due 2 pregnancys that didnt go as planned. one misscarege and premature twins born 3months early, whom we lost when they were 8 days old. My paperwork wasnt started, had rough time with pregnancys. So now we are going to go adhead and get everything going. adjustment of status ect. Is there going to be any propblems, due to us not starting this when my I94 ran out. I had 90 days visa deal.Can I get deported!!! Want to get my green card ect and work authorization... Or are the department of homeland security ect going top casue any propblems for me....
Any advice would be so helpful.... thankyou :)

ImmigAttyLana

No, you will not get deported and you should not have any issues because your I-94 expired. The only thing is that now you have to pay the higher filing fees, which just went up on Monday but otherwise, you should be just fine.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

AHA

Arizona

Any advice would be so helpful. I have been over here in US since feb 06, my husband who is US citizen and myself (UK citizen) got married in march of 06. Due 2 pregnancys that didnt go as planned. one misscarege and premature twins born 3months early, whom we lost when they were 8 days old. My paperwork wasnt started, had rough time with pregnancys. So now we are going to go adhead and get everything going. adjustment of status ect. Is there going to be any propblems, due to us not starting this when my I94 ran out. I had 90 days visa deal.Can I get deported!!! Want to get my green card ect and work authorization... Or are the department of homeland security ect going top casue any propblems for me....
Any advice would be so helpful.... thankyou :)
You are probably going to have to somehow prove that when you entered the US as a tourist, you weren't planning on getting married and remaining the US so shortly after arriving. It is illegal to enter the US as a tourist with intention of marrying and adjusting status.

Buck1206

Am I able to get a Driving licence, exchange my Uk one for az licence. Before I get my paperwork through. I heard that processing times for work autho is long time... Am going kinda nuts not being able to drive.. And I need a ssn to get driving licence.... Is there a way I can get DL without waiting, can i give case number or something else..

ImmigAttyLana

Once you file for your adjustment of status on the basis of marriage, you would also file for the employment authorization document, which will be issued within 90 days of filing. With that, you can apply for a SS# and also obtain a valid driver's license. The green card interview itself would probably be within about 3-4 months of that (so about 6-7 months total, for most areas)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">