• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP I-485 denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crayon

What is the name of your state? MI

Hello..my wife filed a marriage based petition and adjustment of status for me, we did'nt receive any notice for a interview date and recently got a letter saying that our i-485 was denied for missing out the aapointment. We did not move or change adress..surprising we never received the appointment letter but received the denial letter....im afraid if i am still in status now? i was on opt when my wife applied for me..which is still valid till next yr...what are my options? plz helpWhat is the name of your state?

ImmigAttyLana

You are out of status so you need to write to the USCIS or go there in person and request that your case be reopened since you never received any notification to come for the interview.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">