• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP NEEDED FILLING OUT I-130 & G-325A forms (simple, I hope)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILOVEMYWIFE

HI!!!!
I need some HELP filling out forms. There are no line by line instructions, even the IRS has these!!! and some of it is a bit confusing. If you call Immigration “Services”, THEY WONT HELP OR TELL YOU!!!!!!!! I am a USA citizen, married to a Russian lady in late Feb. and want to bring her and her son here to the USA. I am working on the I-130 & G-325A forms. I believe I need to send TWO Separate form I-130 applications, with 2 fee payments, please let me know if this is wrong!!! But also, I want to know if I can send these together or they must be in separate packages???? More technically, Who signs Form G-325A with the BIO information on my wife and stepson. It says “applicant” signs. I know this form is used for many purposes. I am the “petitioner” according to form I-130, and I have my wife’s signature on some G-325A but I have 2 of page 2, no page three, can I just change the little number at the bottom????????? But the really big question is what about the stepson, does he need to sign????? It seems not, but this would be inconsistent. And now the even more puzzling question… Who’s name do you put in the heavy black box at the bottom, where it requests Name and Alien Registration Number???? None of us have this. It would make sense to put to put My wife’s name in there on hers and the stepson on his. But what about mine???, and some say since I am applying and hence required to sign all the G-325A forms, that would make me the “applicant” but I will NEVER get such an Alien number, as I do not need one, and they WILL need one. Nothing is mentioned in instructions about who actually must fill out G-325A when used with I-130. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evcalyptos

ILOVEMYWIFE said:
HI!!!!
I need some HELP filling out forms. There are no line by line instructions, even the IRS has these!!! and some of it is a bit confusing. If you call Immigration “Services”, THEY WONT HELP OR TELL YOU!!!!!!!! I am a USA citizen, married to a Russian lady in late Feb. and want to bring her and her son here to the USA. I am working on the I-130 & G-325A forms. I believe I need to send TWO Separate form I-130 applications, with 2 fee payments, please let me know if this is wrong!!! But also, I want to know if I can send these together or they must be in separate packages???? More technically, Who signs Form G-325A with the BIO information on my wife and stepson. It says “applicant” signs. I know this form is used for many purposes. I am the “petitioner” according to form I-130, and I have my wife’s signature on some G-325A but I have 2 of page 2, no page three, can I just change the little number at the bottom????????? But the really big question is what about the stepson, does he need to sign????? It seems not, but this would be inconsistent. And now the even more puzzling question… Who’s name do you put in the heavy black box at the bottom, where it requests Name and Alien Registration Number???? None of us have this. It would make sense to put to put My wife’s name in there on hers and the stepson on his. But what about mine???, and some say since I am applying and hence required to sign all the G-325A forms, that would make me the “applicant” but I will NEVER get such an Alien number, as I do not need one, and they WILL need one. Nothing is mentioned in instructions about who actually must fill out G-325A when used with I-130. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh dear, are you sure you want to do this yourself? Immigration paperwork, while not overly difficult, IS detail-intensive. There are many sites with example forms and specific marriage-based or even Russian-based discussions. To me, it looks like you need to do some more reading and sloooow down.

ILOVEMYWIFE

TO: evcalyptos Thank you for your useless help and facetious and de-grading comments. I’m sure you don’t sit in your ivory tower, and call your wife each night listen to a voice that obviously has a tear drop in it’s sound. All I asked for was a little help, and re-assurance about a few things, when after reading hundreds of pages of ever-changing, sometimes contradictory information, that has not addressed the specific problem. You choose to be-little rather than offer any real help. Have a nice day!!!!

evcalyptos

ILOVEMYWIFE said:
TO: evcalyptos Thank you for your useless help and facetious and de-grading comments. I’m sure you don’t sit in your ivory tower, and call your wife each night listen to a voice that obviously has a tear drop in it’s sound. All I asked for was a little help, and re-assurance about a few things, when after reading hundreds of pages of ever-changing, sometimes contradictory information, that has not addressed the specific problem. You choose to be-little rather than offer any real help. Have a nice day!!!!
Wow. I'm sorry you took it in that way, that was not my intention. I read a lot of people's posts; you sound very distressed and not on top of the situation.
Specifically, go to www.visajourney.com where there are many people self-filing. There are example forms there and a comprehensive FAQ. The visa you are pursuing is called an Immigrant Visa or CR-1 (if you've been married less than 2 years). There are many Russia/FSU + USC couples there and surely someone's recent experience will be useful to you.
Look for the Guide tabs at the top of each page and the FAQ. You will find step by step instructions for completing the petitions and how to submit them, and to where.
The Russia-specific forum is called something like global7; a quick google will help you find it. I suggest that you follow cases that are most like yours; your Service Center will have its own timelines and your Consulate will certainly have its own procedures.

I don't have to listen to my -husband- with a tear in his eye, because we sorted our immigration plan ahead of time and filed directly with our Consulate. That is not an option for you, unless you move to Russia for a minimum of 6 months. Your US-filed case will go nearly as quickly, but you should know that you are facing a minimum wait of 6-9 months before their IVs clear and they are free to move to the US.

Your posting style is also difficult to read/understand. You have several questions crammed into a lengthy paragraph with too much punctuation and it is not clear that you understand what you are doing or not. I tell you this NOT to degrade you, but to offer suggestions so you will get the help you're asking for in the future.
Do slow down a bit; you can't mail anything until Monday, and I'll bet there's a lot you can learn this weekend that will make your process less stressful.

ILOVEMYWIFE

You and your 45,000 posts “buddy” as well as some others, seem to think everyone’s postings and question are just for joking, or to put them down or belittle them. Just because one asks questions, does not mean we are stupid or ignorant. I KNOW what kind of Visa I am petitioning on behalf of for!!! You seem more interested in my writing style, which would be just fine, if this was a journalism or creative writing forum. It seemed that this was a good and appropriate forum to post my questions regarding IMMIGRATION forms. After further reading, here, it seems I was wrong. You say to post in a different forum, and THAT maybe your only decent advice, as it appears THIS forum, you consider this, just a joke!!!!
PS. I had already been to the that other website(you mention) to look at the sample forms, I particularly enjoyed the one where the person with the clearly woman’s name listed herself (himself, itself, recently converted-one way or the other???) as a “male”, I’m sure must have THAT helped (confuse) a lot folks to figure out what things go where!!!!!!!!
Hey!!!! Us little folks have a sense of humor too!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">