• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help us to keep the family together

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cabmay426

Hello! I came in USA in 2001 with fiancé visa. But I didn’t marred the man who invited me, because may case was in embassy for a year and my fiancé found another woman. During 3 month, that I had permission to stay, I got SS number, drivers license and a job. I planed to go back, but September 11 happened. I was very scared, because I lived more than a year in Russia in fear of terrorists from Chechnya. I moved in with my parents (they won green card and lived in USA since 2000). I met my husband I fell in love. We got married on 04/26/2003 and in December our baby-girl was born. I am afraid of deportation and separation with my husband and daughter. I don’t know what to do. My husband is a citizen; we live in SC. Please, give me advice how to get permission to stay. We live in SC.

SHORTY LONG

Hello! I came in USA in 2001 with fiancé visa. But I didn’t marred the man who invited me, because may case was in embassy for a year and my fiancé found another woman. During 3 month, that I had permission to stay, I got SS number, drivers license and a job. I planed to go back, but September 11 happened. I was very scared, because I lived more than a year in Russia in fear of terrorists from Chechnya. I moved in with my parents (they won green card and lived in USA since 2000). I met my husband I fell in love. We got married on 04/26/2003 and in December our baby-girl was born. I am afraid of deportation and separation with my husband and daughter. I don’t know what to do. My husband is a citizen; we live in SC. Please, give me advice how to get permission to stay. We live in SC.
Spend some time in reading this thread which has 2 pages of questions, answers,
and links. https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=374272

Also, do the same with this link; though it has many other links, and questions with suggestions. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Once you review these, and have more questions, then, please revisit us with your new questions, and we will try to help.

evcalyptos

You MUST see a lawyer to work out your status, or get some help other than from the internet.
Because you came on a fiance visa, you can not adjust your status through ANYone else besides the original petitioner (the man who invited you).

Since you did not marry him, you will have to leave the US and get a visa. However, leaving the country means that you will be banned for 10 years due to your overstay (since 2001). There is a waiver available for this, but you must be prepared for how to deal with it.

There is a forum that may be more help to you here: http://immigrate2us.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Do NOT leave the US without talking with a lawyer first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">