• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hi Lana, Greencard immigration door opened?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmn0548

What is the name of your state? TX

Hi Lana, hope you are doing well. I recently heard about the immigration move about the employment based green card and the fact that USCIS will accept applications and approve alot of them that were pending, and in general open that gateway all the way.

Would this in any way affect my H1b non selection in the lottery? Can I apply for employment based green card? what is the criteria for that? I have a bachelors in engineering currently. Thank you Lana, I read this in the papers and I am assuming you guys are getting bombarded with filings! :)

ImmigAttyLana

No, the elimination of backlogs for the priority dates in the permanent residence context has no impact on the H -1B processing or the lottery that was held earlier this year.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">