• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Honduras Visitor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sadies Mom

What is the name of your state? Washington

I have a friend who will be marrying an illegal immigrant from Honduras. They will be need to initiate the process to become legal after they get married. In the meantime, their wedding is coming up and they would like to have his mother come to the United States on a visitor visa for the wedding, but they do not know how to go about getting that accomplished. We know they need documentation of the reason they are coming, when they are leaving etc., but how do you do that if the documentation would be the invitation to the wedding of an illegal immigrant? In this case, is it even possible to arrange such a visit?What is the name of your state?

ImmigAttyLana

If he entered the country illegally, there is not much that they will be able to do for him within the US even after they are married since he is not eligible for adjustment of status within the US.

As for his mother, it is also unlikely that she would be issued a visitor's visa from Honduras, but she has to just try to apply for one at the US Embassy there and present as much supporting documentation as she can, showing the purpose of her visit and that she has significant ties to Honduras, ensuring her return to that country.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">