• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to extend my H1-b?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tang167

What is the name of your state? NY

I work as a graphic designer. I worked at company A for 1.5 years and then
switch to company B. My lawyer got me 3 more years when she did the transfer.
Now my H1-b is going to expire in August. I plan to do it myself because I'm actually
starting the greencard process at the same time, (haven't sent out the application yet)
I really can't afford that much legal fee at the same time.

I checked h1base.com and the USCIS website. H1base has a clear step by step
instruction, but USCIS mentions Form I-129 which is not mentioned in H1base.
I'm kind of confused now. Where can I find a clear and reliable step by step
instruction? And for my case, I already extended it once without problem, is it ok
that I do it myself? I know time is tight and I need to get started right away.
Thanks.

ImmigAttyLana

I would not advise you to do it on your own if you are not sure of how to proceed. Many things have changed since the last time you had gotten the H-1B petition approved and to just go by the fact that you've been through the process before is rather risky unless you do not care about your petition not being approved.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">