• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to fill the forms for adjustment of status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sandyr_05

What is the name of your state?
cali
HI!
I would be marrying a U.S. Citizen . This is my second marriage the first was annuled. I would like to know what should I fill up in the forms for adjustment of status in the columns that ask for the detals of earlier marriages and the date of its termination/ dissolution.
can i state an Never married? and earlier marriages as N/A.

is there a difference between a marriage being terminated and a marriage being dissolved?
awaiting a reply
Sandy

HappyHusband

Sandyr_05 said:
What is the name of your state?
cali
HI!
I would be marrying a U.S. Citizen . This is my second marriage the first was annuled. I would like to know what should I fill up in the forms for adjustment of status in the columns that ask for the detals of earlier marriages and the date of its termination/ dissolution.
can i state an Never married? and earlier marriages as N/A.

is there a difference between a marriage being terminated and a marriage being dissolved?
awaiting a reply
Sandy
Just say that the marriage was annulled, with the date of annullment and provide any documents you have to support this. You don't want to risk having the application delayed because of this! You were technically married no matter how it was dissolved.

evcalyptos

HappyHusband said:
Just say that the marriage was annulled, with the date of annullment and provide any documents you have to support this. You don't want to risk having the application delayed because of this! You were technically married no matter how it was dissolved.
Exactly. The HH is wise :)

It's like the arrest question.... no matter how the case turned out, if you were arrested, you were arrested.

If you were married before, you were married. Annullent might erase your marriage in some eyes, but it does not eliminate its existance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">